Today in cooperation with the DNR and Maquoketa River Rentals, the Chamber of Commerce and myself have made the decision to cancel the canoe/kayak portion of the Timber City Adventure Race tomorrow due to the rise of the river and the conditions that can potentially make it unsafe for our participants and our volunteers in the water.
But that is NOT going to stop us!
WE WILL STILL RACE!
Here are the details and adjustments you need to know...
6:15AM Hurstville (bike/run exchange) will be open for gear drop off.
6:15AM Royertown Canoe Access will be closed. A volunteer will be there to inform participants who did NOT receive this notice about the race change and to head to Canton for registration/check in and bike start.
7:00-8:45AM Registration/check in at the Canton Canoe Access. ALL PARTICIPANTS need to arrive during this time to check in and get race numbers put on bikers and runners only.
9:00AM- Bike route will begin IN Canton. View route here.
Be cautious of the river trail as you come into Main street. There is a sharp left at PERSHING on to a limestone trail that heads back toward the river and under a bridge. It is soft in some places. You will cross under a bridge, head over a newly paved area past the new pedestrian bridge on the right. Follow the path until you come to the boat ramp area. Left up to SHORELINE DRIVE The route will be marked with volunteers.
We are sad that we have to eliminate the canoe portion but the safety of our participants and volunteers comes first. We hope to see you all tomorrow morning in Canton and ready to ride!
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Let's make it a GREAT DAY!
Timber City Adventure Race Chair