Summary/Objective: The HCBS Direct Support Professional is responsible for implementation and documentation of goals and objectives for individuals served. The DSP will be an active advocate for individuals served with an emphasis on individual choice and decision-making.
Essential Job Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Work Environment: All programs are integrated into the community.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must remain awake during working hours.
- May assist in the transfer of individuals to/from wheelchair, chair, bed, toilet, vehicle, etc.
- May require lifting at times, up to 35 pounds. Lifting more than 35# requires the use of a two-person lift, mechanical lift, or assistive equipment.
- May attend and participate in activities of consumer’s choice (e.g., church services, swimming, bowling, etc.).
- May require prolonged walking and standing for up to eight hours.
- May require frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
- May require driving for up to eight hours.
- May experience various climatic conditions.
- May require working with difficult emotional and physical behaviors (e.g., seizures, physical aggression, etc.).
- Must have ability to see objects/persons at a distance.
- Must have ability to see close work such as typed or handwritten material.
- Must have ability to hear conversations in a quiet and a noisy environment.
- Must have ability to determine where a sound is coming from.
- Must have ability to hear differences among bells, buzzers, beeps, horns, etc.
- Must have ability to communicate through speech.
- Must have ability to drive and transport for service provision as needed.
- Must remain awake during working hours, if applicable.
- SCL - Minimum 16 years of age. HAB - Minimum 18 years of age.
- HAB – Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Background checks with previous employers, references, law enforcement agencies, and others will be conducted and found satisfactory.
- Valid driver’s license and driver’s record deemed acceptable by Imagine the Possibilities, Inc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain an all-inclusive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Further, this job description does not imply a contract between employees and Imagine the Possibilities, Inc.